- New folder
- Tag / Remove Tag
- Edit / UnEdit / Editors
- Watch / Watchers
- Login / Logout (for pserver method)
- :local. Requires that you have the CVS software installed.
- :pserverr. Requires no extra software on the client.
- :ext. Requires an external client, such as ssh or rsh.
- :ssh. Native SSH 1.5 support. No need for an
external client. Thanks to jCVSCodigo.
- :ssh2. Native SSH 2 support. No need for an external
client. Thanks to SSHTools.
- :server. Uses an internal rsh client and so
requires no extra software on the client. Can use both REXEC
and RCOMMAND However, this not suitable for *nix clients
as it requires that a port below 1024 can be opened.
- :ntserver. Uses
named pipes to connect to the CVSNT
port of CVS. .
- jEdit plug-in. Can run as a plug-in within the jEdit editor.
- Plugin Manager.
From verson 0.3.0-beta, Gruntspud can now act as a plugin host itself.
New features (and some old) will soon be added to Gruntspud. Details on
writing plugins (with examples) will be released with the user
- Connection profiles. Maintain different connections
and connection parameters for different repositories.
- Report Dialog. Appears when a command is completed
and shows in a nice GUI what was changed / added / removed
etc. Reports may also be docked into the main tabbed view.
- Customisable colours. The console output colours may
be customised to your taste.
- Customisable toolbar. Choose what tools you want to
have available and the size of the icons.
- Filters. File filters let you hide what you don't
want to see.
- Ignore support with editor. Supports .cvsignore
files and has a simple editor so you can change patterns.
- Customisable file table. The table view of files can
be resized, sorted and re-ordered according to your
- Two types of view. You may either use a customisable
explorer style view showing folders and files, or use a
tree view with a separate table view. This is useful in
jEdit where space may be restricted when docked.
- Flat mode. All files under a selected directory are
shown in a single table.
- Flexible file handlers. File patterns can be
specified along with an application to use to open them.
Each pattern can be configured to open eiter the simple
built in editor, the O/S set default application for that
file type (Windows only), or specified application.
- Module explorer. All of the modules defined in the
CVSROOT/modules file can be list and selected when checking
out a new module.
- SOCKS proxy support. At its best under a 1.4 JRE,
allows access to CVS servers when you are behind a firewall
with a SOCKS proxy server. Authentication is supported
through the Gruntspud password manager.
- Log graph. Display a graphical view of changes on a
- Diff Viewer. Graphical diff viewer for standalone